RE: (erielack) Atlas N EL TT GP7 / HO Trainmasters Anyone?

> Chris, in my opinion, the Athearn Trainmaster is really quite
> good.  I think it was one of the first where the present
> prncipal owner of Athearn got to do what he felt was the
> right thing.  I won't say that it's completely on a par with
> the current offerings, but OTOH, it really isn't that bad.
> The biggest failing is the handrails, which wouldn't fly on a
> model introduced today.

I believe the Athearn hood is too wide, is it not?

Additionally, the area around the radiator fans has detail of the 1960s,
rather than the new Millenium! :)

The Athearn model was good when it was released, but seriously needs to be
updated...