(erielack) Two DL&W cars at Heber Valley (fwd)

Can anybody help?

George Elwood
http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood

Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:39:54 -0600
From: jterry618 <jterry618_@_email.msn.com>
To: gelwood_@_dnaco.net
Subject: Two DL&W cars at Heber Valley

I came across your website tonight while searching for information about DL&W commuter coaches.  I am currently writing a book about the Heber Valley Railroad of Heber City, Utah, and its locomotives and equipment (it is a tourist railroad).  The line operates two former DL&W MU cars acquired in 1992 from the Great Smoky Mountains Scenic Railroad, which I believe they purchased from Andy Muller (Blue Mountain & Reading).   I have been trying to find the original numbers with no success.   When they arrived at Heber in 1992 they were numbered 522 and 524; I have no idea if these are the original EL numbers or numbers that Great Smokey Mountains or Blue Mountain & Reading gave them.  I do know the cars were built by Pullman in 1928.   I want to write a brief history of these cars, what they were used for, etc..   Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Terry