RE: (erielack) Atlas N EL TT GP7 / HO Trainmasters Anyone?

Henry and Listers:

Yeah, it's a pretty good looking model, up to par from what we would expect
-From Atlas.

When they announced their N scale Trainmasters in May 2000, I thought we
might see one in HO (certainly well deserved in HO and equally well
overdue).  Trainmasters might be the one major diesel that hasn't been done
in high quality plastic yet.  It would be great if Atlas did it
(particularly in their Master Series), with their reputation for prototype
quality in both the shell and the paint, and also for fine operating
characteristics.  It's been 18 mos. with nary a word on such an undertaking.

Atlas is not as easy to read as some of the other manufacturers as to their
future plans.  P2k almost invariably will do a model in HO first, and if is
successful, then the N version.  Atlas will go either way, and I guess its
good to keep both scales guessing about what your next release is.  This
also allows you not to show favoritism towards one scale over the other.
(i.e. the N scalers get a chance to 'intro' a particular model before the
HO-er's).

I'd take as many as they would manufacture in both DL&W and EL GMY.  I guess
you could also do a third in El in the early black / yellow scheme.

Does anyone know if Atlas (or another manufacturer) is mulling such a
project?

I'd be interested (I'm sure there are higher ups in the ELHS who have to be
mum on this, whether it's one way or the other, for reasons I certainly
understand), in finding out what people know out there in virtual world.

Regards,

Chris