(erielack) RE: Assorted Thoughts

With all the discussion about Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco in Blairstown NJ (EL
required List content- whew what a stretch) you guys might get a kick out of
this. Those of you unfamiliar with the place can rent the movie "Friday the
13th", it was completely filmed there! Much like the demise of the EL it's a
horror film.
- -----------------------------
I love memories. I lived in Leonia, many relatives in Brooklyn so I
spent many a Saturday and Sunday afternoon in the early 1950's 'train
watching' at all the terminals and stations, and riding these 'steam
ferries' as well as the "Electric Boats' at 125th Street. We drove Route
6/US 46 out to Blairstown to our Scout camp, Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco, at
Blairstown, NJ.

It almost seems like this is totally off topic -- unless you accept the
Susquehanna as being Erie-related.. The late, loveable and greatly lamented
John Treen shot pictures of WWII scout specials serving No-Be-Bo-Sco (for
the uninitiated, that stood for NOrth BErgen [county, that is] BOy SCOuts).
With luck, they would get to Stillwater and then walk.  Or, they would walk
-From Blairstown (it was -- no, by golly! IS -- kinda northish-westish
[orienteering, anyone?]).
Now back to our regular EL programming....

Todd (ELHS#1318)