(erielack) Non-member submission...

From: Susan Grigg <ffslg_@_uaf.edu>
To: Mailist ErieLackawnna <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>,
   mnjrhs <mnjrhs_@_onelist.com>
Subject: Stilwell Cars

Although I am in O scale, I am always interested in Stilwell cars, even in
HO;
I assume most Erie modellers know NWSL imported both original and revised HO
versions from Japan in the late 1960's or early 1970's, each with the
correct
trucks.  I had one when I was still in HO back then, painted it from photos
(almost exactly as described in the F&C article) and when a friend took it
shows to sell it, some know-it-all insisted it wasn't lettered correctly
(probably hoped to bargain the price down).  Stan Richmond of Car Works
brought in O scale coaches and combines (only originals, I believe) in the
late 1980's or early 1990's from Korea--I think also NYW&B-detailed versions
as well.  I have one of the coaches (very nice) but since F&C is starting to
issue some of their HO resin kits in O scale, I wonder if there might be
another one in my future?  The Erie rented them to shortlines for
excursions--I have prints of Stilwells in service on the Arcade and Attica
and
Bath and Hammondsport--and sold a number of them to the Susquehanna along
with
much other older equipment when the NYS&W went independent; one can readily
find photos of them behind RS-1's.
Jace Kahn

>We have just uploaded many changes and additions to our
>web site, we thought we'd let you know all about them.
>
>Under the Erie Lackawanna Right of Way page.  New pictures of the
>Clifton area and 2 pictures of the ROW on the Morristown & Erie
>in East Hanover taken in April (took a while to get them out of
>the camera).
>
>http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/ELmainpage/rowpage.htm
>
>Some pictures of equipment found at the Whippany, NJ Railroad
>Museum with beautiful Lehigh Valley F units plus DL&W baggage,
>caboose and URHS cars.
>
>http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/NonELprototype/Relatedphotos.htm
>
>Under our Erie Lackawanna Modeling page, a new article on how to build
>an F&C Stillwell coach.  A craftsman kit, a first for us. This article
>follows the instructions from the manufacturer and then deviates
>drastically to add details.  With step by step pictures.
>
>http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/ModelingEL/Modeling1.html
>
>And the most important, a look at Bob Pennisi's "No Name" HO model
>railroad and his son's Lionel set up. With many pictures, the better
>one's are by Steve Kay.  Bob is the publisher/editor/author of many
>of our favorite books and photos of eastern railroading.
>
>http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/Otherlayouts/OtherLayouts2.htm
>
>BTW, there are a couple of new things in at the hobby shop.
>
>http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/ForSale1.htm
>
>Visit our Train Nut Central main page and access all of these
>new pictures at:
>
>http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/
>
>Have a great 4th of July.
>
>-Joe Jordan