(erielack) Non-member submission...

From: Njricky2_@_aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 01:32:39 EDT
Subject: Erie Wyoming Division
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net

A friend and I are researching Erie's Wyoming Division from Lackawaxen to
Avoca, PA and it's Scranton Branch.

We're gradually meeting with success regarding operations in general and
we're closing in on when passenger service to Scranton ended.

We've been told (and not in a negative way) that we have our work cut out
for
us.  We sure do, as it was not a glamorous division.

If anyone has any information to share, we'd really appreciate it.  So far,
-From what we've found, photographs are virtually non-existent, particularly
later on in the division's life (1930s to the end in the 1970s).

We know that more information exists because of what we've learned so far.
We also know that two articles on the Wyoming Division were published in
RailPace during the 1980s, but we have not been able to locate them.
RailPace was non-responsive to my email.

Thanks for any leads you can provide.

Rick

NJRicky2_@_aol.com