RE: (erielack) Stillwell Coaches

> This is the old NJ & NY RR Pascack Valley Line, acquired by
> Erie, survived
> through E-L and still running under NJ Transit (though minus
> the Stillwells!
> :) ).  I am interested in modeling aspects of this line in HO
> scale and would
> appreciate advice about any commercially produced models that
> could be used.
> For example, are there quality, accurate Stillwell coaches/ combines
> available?  There are some listed in the Walthers catalog (ie
> Funaro and
> Camerlengo p.226 2000 book) but I'm not sure about them.
> Also, it was listed
> "less couplers and trucks".  What are the accurate model trucks?

F&C has just re-released their 12-arched-window Stillwell coach as a
one-piece body now (yahoo!), and they are quite nice. The ELHS will be
carrying these. They come with resin truck sideframes that you could
assemble, but the better route is to get Bethlehem Car Works' white-metal
casting Stillwell trucks. If you're lucky, you can still find Railworks'
brass Stillwell trucks (very nice!). The cars run about $100 for three, not
bad all things considered.

> What is the best Erie Pacific
> model available
> commercially?