(erielack) Columbus & Erie question

Does anyone know where the Columbus & Erie main ran?  What were the
endpoints of the line before the Erie purchased it?

Of course, I am aware that the eastbound Erie main between Columbus Pa and
Niobe NY was former C&E track that was purchased by Erie, in order to avoid
having to double track between those two points.

However, both the DeLorme Atlas and the TerraServer website show
another parallel line that zig-zags back and forth across the latter-day
straight-as-an-arrow EL mainline between Niobe and Lakewood, west of
Jamestown.  I was curious if that was just a harmless line relocation
(since the double track main is slightly elevated in places in that area,
ala the NJ cutoff), or was it originally the eastern end of the C&E that
was not needed by the Erie?