(erielack) Met a train at the crossing?

It  was Monday, late morning, and we were coming east on the Bergen Co Line
with two light engines. The eyes did a double take for all of us in the cab,
as I said, Oh, we are meeting a train on the crossing.

Going very, very slowly over the crossing right in front of us, in
Rutherford, was a full length Passenger car without trucks, loaded on a low
boy type of trailer. It was so slow it caught the gate as they went down.

My Question is was it an Ex  DL&W MU car?  Where did it come from, and where
was it going?  The engineer said there was someone riding the hind end with a
video camera.  Anybody know?

Thanks
Bob