Re: (erielack) My Sample Timetables for Cutoff

In a message dated 6/28/00 2:22:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
"gkazin_@_netscape.net" writes:

<< Checking the EL timetable from 10/25/1964, the distance between Scranton
and
 East Stroudsburg (DWG was closed by then) is 51.5 miles.  Due to curvature of
 the line (I think there are 3 complete circles of turns) they scheduled 70 to
 88 minutes for the run with 2 stops (Pocono Summit and Cresco).  I think
there
 is an HOUR that got omitted from his projections here, for 12 minutes would
 require 257.5 mph; 20 minutes would still require 154.5 mph.  He's proposing
 HHP engines, but there is no catenary in the plans (anyone have another $400
 million to spare?)   >>
Also an ocasional Rohr Turboliner would run the line.