Re: (erielack) PATH question was AMTRAK F-40s for Pocono service?

Jack,

There has been a prohibition against taking pictures in the H&M at
least since World War II. Some of us even have been detained (back in
the H&M days) as zealous cops enforced the rules.

My understanding (garnered from a kafkaesque experience in the therly
1960s when one of our number made a sart-a___ comment to a cop that
"The war's over!" [And comparing the cop's intelligence to those
Japanese soldiers found in the occasional cave years aver the war])
was that the rule was put in because of the H&M's proximity to
strategic rail lines and yards.

The PA went back to enforcing it more assiduously after the World
Trade Center bombing.

Happily, one can usually get a photo pass with proper notice and
identification.

Cheers,
Jim (daily PATH rider)