Re: (erielack) H&M to GCT, was PATH question

Jack Grasso said:

> As I understand it, the H&M was to go to Grand Central via of a line
> branching off at 9th St. If you head uptown, you can see the start of
> the unfinished tunnel off to the right as you leave 9th St. Station.

Mmmm-hmmm.  'N'y'know, don't you, that the Erie was going to run it's
electrified suburban service into the H&M up to GCT.

No, I am _not_ smoking anything.  It is true.  There was an agreement
between the Erie and the H&M to permit this to happen.  It was just a small
matter of capital expenditure for the Erie to put in the electrification
that prevented this from happening.  And early, too.  They had the agreement
in place by 1909 or 10.

SGL