RE: (erielack) ABPR of 6-24-00

> I noticed, looking over the pictures posted this morning from
> Henry Preibe
> of apparently a group of passenger car pictures labeled "US Navy RR,
> Earle,NJ".
> Was this a URHS event?  I noticed at least one of the cars is
> marked on the
> end URHS and the everpresent New Jersey Railroads car #5450 is in the
> pictures.
> When did this take place and was the event in conjunction
> with the Navy at
> the old ammunitions base at Earle, NJ?  It's all posted at:
>
> http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/railthumb.cgi?railpix/ABPR/june
> 00/06-26-00

Wow, that's fast! That was an excursion this past weekend that URHS ran. It
was a trip out onto the pier at the Earle Navy Base (famed for its Baldwins,
now gone)...

> I also added to my web site under EL modeling.  I took a shot at an EL
> Transfer Caboose in HO scale.  It's not totally finished, but may be
> interesting to some on the list.  It's at under the EL
> Modeling section:
>
> http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/

Nice model, but no lettering? ;)

The box on the side is a tool box (not a battery box, I think the batteries
for the caboose were inside the "shack")