Re: (erielack) AMTRAK F-40s for Pocono service? AEM7ACs Anyone?

In a message dated 6/24/00 10:36:26 PM, "stevekay_@_mtlakes.csnet.net" writes:

<<Remember how many years passengers were content to terminate in Hoboken and
take
PATH or the ferries across the river.>>

With all due respect, I have to disagree. That argument holds no water for
anyone not bound for Greenwhich Village or the WTC. Look at the huge demand
for Mid-town Direct service. People were not "content" on the EL side, they
were forced! As soon as the option was given, they flocked to NYP if they had
mid-town or higher destinations.

It is not just about where in NY you are going, it is about connecting to the
national rail system and easy transfer to other transit.

There is no pro-rider argument for Hoboken solely over New York City. A mix
might work.

Yes, capacity is an issue, but a little creative thinking and I am sure that
will be solved.

It is also true many riders will have a Morris County destination, but for
those who do not... especially on the Scranton and possible Wilkes-Barre or
Bingo ends, NYP is the only sensible destination.

Without it, you will have plenty of room to stretch out over the empty seats.

Just my two cents,

Rob