Re: [(erielack) NJT Question]

I realize that HEP can only handle 9 cars. I was just
curious as to what would happen if NJT ran a 12-car
train with ALPs on both ends, with each ALP supplying
HEP power to only half the train. The HEP lines
between cars in positions 6 and 7 would not be made.
If the ALPs were MU'ed through the coaches' MU
trainline, would the engineer in the leading ALP be
able to make his hind end ALP operate properly?

I realize spotting and unloading would suck. I'm just
asking a trivial question about the limits of MU
connections. I'm not proposing anything, I'm not
complaining, and not trying to change anything. I'm
just curious.