Re: (erielack) Friction Bearings

The main reason that the EL kept getting cars with the friction bearings can
be summed up in one word: MONEY! Roller bearing trucks cost more than
friction bearing trucks did, so the EL kept going with the friction bearings
on most of the cars, rebuilt or new. As they were able, Meadville did do
conversions from friction to roller bearings, using the same trucks, but
they were never able to have them in the same proportion as the more
well-heeled roads.

Michael Dye ELHS#1516