(erielack) Re: Hoboken Terminal

"Bill K." <"pontiac_@_dreamscape.com"> wrote:
> This reminds me of something I saw in an old Railpace I was looking at =
last
night.. about 5 years ago there was some trading around, the Rahway Valle=
y 70
tonners and some other stuff for an E8 and 4 coaches in NJT dark blue w/s=
ilver
stripe...   said they were to be rebuilt by NYS&W and the Volunteers for
excusrion service.   What became of this stuff?

The Rahway Valley 70 tonners were in the Meadowlands Maintenance Center t=
he
last time I got a look.  Two E8's wear ERIE paint and are stored there al=
so,
along with the two F7's in Lehigh Valley.  There are -8- coaches which ha=
ve
been rebuilt and will be on the 'SEA TRAIN' excursion 6/24 and 25 at Earl=
Naval Ammo Depot, Colt's Neck.  They are now Pullman green and carry the =
names
of railroads which served New Jersey.  The New Jersey Railroads 5450 will=
 also
be on that trip; power will be provided by the Navy - rare mileage and ra=
re
motive power.

 Gary Kazin
 DL&W milepost R35.7
 Rockaway, New Jersey

 New Jersey Transit - THE WAY TO GO!!!

 (I have no affiliation with New Jersey Transit.)

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.