(erielack) Ex-Erie E-8 833

Listers,

This morning I received a post from a good friend and reliable source.
He repeated to me that he had received a posting this morning from John
Krattinger, CRTS.
According to Krattinger's post, NS has put E-8  1000, a.k.a. CR 4020 up
for auction.  So much for that being used on an NS executive train.

Further he stated that CSX has sold all of its E's and F- units ( this
would include it's two E's) to an unnamed leasing company.

This, of course would include ERIE / EL 833.

Too bad !  would have liked to have seen an effort made to preserve her.
Perhaps whoever gets these units will still want to run them a while
longer in excursion service.  We'll see.
If anyone can check this out further and reply, I'm sure there are lots
of us interested.

Jim Flynn
ELHS # 2598