Re: (erielack) Trains articles on Lackawanna.

Hi Steve,

Virginia Blue Ridge Ry. No. 7 was a sister to MCCRR 4039 but was built by
Lima Hamilton instead of American Locomotive Co.. The Army split the
production between the two builders. VBR 5(MCCRR 4039), 8(C&CV 2, US Army
4038) and 9(NH&I 9) were all built by American Locomotive Co. I beleive No.
was U S Army 4042 if I remember correctly. After its carreeer ended on the
VBR it and No. 9 were sold to the New Hope & Ivyland RR. No. 9 operated there
for several years but I do not recall seeing No. 7 run. It was scrapped in
the mid-1970's and some parts were acquired by the Morris County Central for
spares for 4039.

Al Holleuffer