Re: (erielack) Boonton coach

In a message dated 6/4/00 8:25:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Andrisd_@_aol.com"
writes:

> I was wondering if the following photos were of the "Boonton" coaches
>  and if they were in fact a two tone green/gray paint scheme or is this a
>  matter of aging, repainting, lighting or a combination of the three.
>  Thank You.                     Andy Cole

I should put these photos out to the list to see if anyone could recognize
where the cars in the pictures are.

Yes, these are Boonton-Line coaches.  What you're seeing here is old and
faded paint, possibly after a rain, or early in the morning when the dew is
still on the sides of the cars.  While the paint on the outside is a little
faded, the paint on the inside is in terrific shape.  These cars are fine
restorations.

Give up on the location?

The three cars in the photos are at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union,
Ill.  I recognized the numbers, but the giveaway is the single trolley wire.

                                        ....Mike