Re: (erielack) CR/PRR merger decals

Now if someone out there who does custom decals (hint hint) would do a CR
Merger renumber pack.. say one sheet with both styles of PRR and both
locomotive number styles on black background, number board numbers, some
PRR patch decals for frieght cars, and to go with it some NYC patch
decals/numbers for frieght cars and some of those CSX yellow numbers for
engines.. maybe on a blue background, throw it at your Athearn and be ready
to go?   Number board numbers on these will be tough, a lot of them are
only about half normal size and would call for an N-scale second decal
sheet I think.

Be sure to include the 1700 series the EL SD45-2's are in - gives this a
little list content!

Bill K.

- ----------
> From: Will <"alcoman_@_net.bluemoon.net">
> To: "mellott_@_bellatlantic.net"
> Cc: Bill K. <"pontiac_@_dreamscape.com">; A Samostie <quahog@sprint.ca>;
"erielack_@_internexus.net"
> Subject: Re: (erielack) CR/PRR merger decals
> Date: Friday, June 02, 2000 1:17 PM
>

> Okay Guys (and any ladies on the list)
>
> NS renumbered the CR locos they got as PRR to differentiate those that
> were staying with CSX which is now putting those HIDEOUS orange numbers
on
> the sides of their former CR locos.
>
> NO locos were relettered NYC as anything that was not relettered PRR was
> going to CSX.
>
> On cars....all CR cars going to CSX got NYC reporting marks regardless of
> it's actual heritage......and that did not get NYC were going to NS..any
> CAR not changed was going to NS.  Any car STILL running around in CR or
> ANY of the predecessor roads belongs to NS as they got the rights to the
> marks.  This was all hashed out on the CR list around the time of the
> merger.
>
> Hope this clears things up a bit...
>

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 "mellott_@_bellatlantic.net" wrote:
>

> >Bill K. wrote:
> >
> >> Additionally no locomotive was lettered NYC and I don;t think any
freight
> >> car was lettered PRR.
> >
> >CSX didn't renumber locos until Merger Day, so none were lettered NYC.
I've
> >several photos of ex CR hoppers at Cresson last October with PRR decals.
 Over
> >a 3 or 4 day span we probably saw 400-500 hoppers.  About 1/3 PRR, maybe
1/4
> >NYC and the balance was still CR.  I beleive I have photos of PRR gons,
but
> >most were either NYC decaled or still CR.  Not that CR boxcars are
common, but
> >I can't remember seeing any with PRR decals.  Most of the LO's were CR
or NYC,
> >although I did see a ex PC car with with Conrail red fading off that had
been
> >freshly PRR'd
> >
> >Hope this helps a bit.
> >
> >Frank