Re: (erielack) Concordance Map, rationale for track structure work

etc.
 (add'l comments)
Sender: "erielack-owner_@_internexus.net"

Perhaps the condition of the rail and/or roadbed had something to do with
what
was kept and what was ripped up.  It might have been less costly to
single-track  a line with the best parts of the two tracks rather than to
bring
one complete track up to acceptable standards.  If the freight rolled at
10-20
m.p.h. because of the movement from one track to another, so what?  At least
it
moved!

KenB.