Re: (erielack) CR/PRR merger decals

Okay Guys (and any ladies on the list)

NS renumbered the CR locos they got as PRR to differentiate those that
were staying with CSX which is now putting those HIDEOUS orange numbers on
the sides of their former CR locos.

NO locos were relettered NYC as anything that was not relettered PRR was
going to CSX.

On cars....all CR cars going to CSX got NYC reporting marks regardless of
it's actual heritage......and that did not get NYC were going to NS..any
CAR not changed was going to NS.  Any car STILL running around in CR or
ANY of the predecessor roads belongs to NS as they got the rights to the
marks.  This was all hashed out on the CR list around the time of the
merger.

Hope this clears things up a bit...

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 "mellott_@_bellatlantic.net" wrote:

>Bill K. wrote:
>
>> Additionally no locomotive was lettered NYC and I don;t think any freight
>> car was lettered PRR.
>
>CSX didn't renumber locos until Merger Day, so none were lettered NYC.  I've
>several photos of ex CR hoppers at Cresson last October with PRR decals.  Over
>a 3 or 4 day span we probably saw 400-500 hoppers.  About 1/3 PRR, maybe 1/4
>NYC and the balance was still CR.  I beleive I have photos of PRR gons, but
>most were either NYC decaled or still CR.  Not that CR boxcars are common, but
>I can't remember seeing any with PRR decals.  Most of the LO's were CR or NYC,
>although I did see a ex PC car with with Conrail red fading off that had been
>freshly PRR'd
>
>Hope this helps a bit.
>
>Frank
>

>> Bill K.
>>
>> ----------
>> > From: A Samostie <"quahog_@_sprint.ca">
>> > To: "erielack_@_internexus.net"
>> > Subject: Re: (erielack) Helper Engines at Campbell Hall, NY
>> > Date: Thursday, June 01, 2000 1:19 AM
>> >

>> > N&W high-nose Geeps usually operated long-hood forward, don't know about
>> > the SR ones.  I just recently discovered that EL high-nose Geeps had the
>> > "F" painted on the long hood end, perhaps as a result of N&W / Dereco
>> > control of the EL... although, come to think about it, the DL&W
>> > high-nose Geeps also had the "F" on the long hood end.  Not sure about
>> > Erie units.

>> Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

>Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

Will Semanchuk-Enser  Technical Support & Co-Network Administrator
The Blue Moon Online System - www.bluemoon.net  "alcoman_@_bluemoon.net"

The Railfan Network              - www.Railfan.net
MoonMud                          - telnet mud.bluemoon.net 4000
ZUHnet Buffalo, NY IRC Server    - irc.bluemoon.net 6667
Homepage                         - alcoman.Railfan.net