(erielack) Re: Phoebe Custom Cars

Al,

You are missing one point here.  The Phoebe Budd cars are smooth side Budd.  There is a company near Cincinnati that makes glue on Budd smooth sides; I have a set of them at home to build a Pennsy/PC/MDOT/MARC Zulu car one of these days.  It might be better to talk him into producing Phoebe sides, but they are about $50 a car set.  Since I am at work, I can't remember the company's name.

The diner is not quite a stock Budd diner either. I know, I happen to OWN the 470/770.  The windows are smaller than many Budd diners, and the side doors are configured slightly differently.

I would like a model of something that I own in HO, too, but I cannot even get my dealer to give me a price or an expected delivery date of the proposed brass Phoebe feature cars.

Steven Zuiderveen
Owner,
DL&W Car Company