(erielack) Which Stewart Airport is it

The burnbing question in these Tappan Zee threads is "Where is Stewart
Aiprot." Some say Nyack, some say Newburgh which is where I think it is.

Given that, there are then TWO rail routes being considered for connection to
the east side of the Hudson... the Erie via Nyack to Suffern and beyond (NS)
and the CSX River Line up to Newburgh.

Unless of course, someone is putting the Walkill RR back ;-)

Given that, it seesm that the bridge will have a dramatic frieght rail impact
for both NS and CSX... one that would allow CSX to give up the northern part
of the Hudson line totally to Amtrak (retaining local rights) or if a full
wye was biult on the east side CSX would have a "double-track" route to
Piermont.

More interesting for NS is the opportunity open traffic to New England that
cannot move under Penn Station.

Also interesting to the dreamer in me is the chance for Amtrak to restore
NY-Buffalo/Chicago service on the Erie directly from GCT or NYP!!!!!

Fun stuff!

Rob