Re: (erielack) steam engine anatomy

Dave Rutan wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Any ideas on where I can find out about steam engine anatomy?  I'm tired
> of reading about Baker valve gears when I've no clue where it's even
> located.

Sorry but what is wrong with the youger generation. Don't you young
people know of libraries?  Dave, go to the Sussex County Library or the
Highlands Cooperative Library Catalog ( from my bad memory but I think
similar to Morris)and get some books on locomotives.

The Baker valve gear is mounted in the same place as a Walcherts or
Southern or Joy or several other types of steam admission valves, just
behind the cylinders and the crossheads.  Stephenson valve gear is
generally mounted inside the frames as it uses two eccentrics.

bob gillis