Re: (erielack) Erie Western?

Erie Western was a short lived line operating the west end of the EL in
Indiana. It operated about a year with ex-CNW RS2/3's and heavy subsidiies
from the state.  When the subsidies were pulled the road ended up giving
up...   The track they operated may have come as far as Lima Ohio since I
recall reading that the Spencerville & Elgin took over a part of the route
and much of the rest, was pulled up then.

Bill K.

- ----------
> From: gelwood <"gelwood_@_dnaco.net">
> To: "STGCOMM_@_aol.com"
> Cc: "erielack_@_internexus.net"
> Subject: Re: (erielack) Erie Western?
> Date: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 10:59 AM
>
> The Erie Western operated the ex-EL trackage in Indiana.  They went out
of
> business, as I remember, because of Conrail interchange problems.
>
> George Elwood
> http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood
>
> On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 "STGCOMM_@_aol.com" wrote:
>
> > In the 2000 Walthers catalog, there is a picture of a diesel locomotive

> > painted white with the roadname "Erie Western" on it.  Was this a real
> > roadname? (This is the only place I've ever seen a reference to it)
Where