(erielack) Re: PATH flooding

The most serious flooding I ever so on PATH was during the "Nor'easter" of '93
('94?) There were TV news shots of water almost up to street level on the stairs
in Hoboken!

Years ago when I worked in Manhattan I was on the volunteer "PATH Commuter
Advisory Board" (filled out enough of those suggestion/survey cards that they
finally called me up :-)) We had a number of interesting tours, including one of
the operations center in Journal Square, another of the then-newly renovated
Exchange Place station.

Somebody asked why Hoboken Station often smelled so bad. Answer: because it's of
course below low tide level and the mud behind the back wall (closest to the
stairs up to the Terminal) just plain stinks at low tide! They have tried many
things for years to dry it, mask the smell (remember those sickly sweet
fragrance bombs they had for a while?), etc. largely to no avail...

dmg