(erielack) Boonton Line Question

As everyone else has said, there is little scanner chatter.
Occasionally you will catch the Conrail local, DJ-61, talking a bit.
They run on Monday and Wednesday to the Totowa industrial spur and
sometimes to the old Erie Orange branch.  I think the night local will
head that way if there is work on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.  Not too

sure about that as that is out of reach of my scanner.  Lately Conrail
has been doing lots of pay phone operations so that has cut down on the
scanner talk.  You might be able to pick up the Hoboken M&E dispatcher
giving DJ-61 clearance to head east on the Boonton line from Denville
around 12 or so in the afternoon.  The engine radios are much weaker so
you probabely won't hear from them until they are fairly close.  Hope
this helps.

Scott Lupia