Re: (erielack) Reopening Mainline

In a message dated 5/28/99 10:01:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "RJFlei_@_AOL.COM"
writes:

> Any comments about NS operating the Erie main Hornell west to the Pa. line?

>  I am hoping that they go further than that. I'd like to see them go at
least

>  as far west as Ravenna or Akron, Oh. at least as an alternate route.
>
>  Rick Fleischer ELHS # 1426
The agreement  is with New York state so it obviously only applies to the
state line. But since the trackage between Meadeville and Corry is still in
operation, or was the last time I talked to my aunt in Corry, there is a good
chance the line would go to at least Meadville, I am not familiar with the
track west of Meadeville so I can't speculate further.
Brian C