Re: (erielack) Tower Designations

I agree -- if the tower was either owned by or controlled the Erie (or EL),
then it should be included.  If indeed this is the way we interprit this,
then additional towers should be included: (Listed west from Chicago)
12th St (aka "Roosevelt Rd"),
15th St,
16th St,
21st St (aka "Alton Junction," Ft. Wayne Junction" or "Santa Fe Junction").
(This tower is still in use, owned and operated by Amtrak),
40th St (out-of-service, the tower still stands and is now known as "CP518"
on CR).
47th St (out-of-service, but still standing),
59th St (aka "Ford St"),
74th St (out-of-service, but still standing),
81st St,
Oakdale,
Burnham,
State Line ("SL," still in use).
All these towers were located on the Chicago & Western Indiana, but used by
Erie (and later E-L) passenger trains entering Chicago.

Think they should be on the list?

"TrainGG1_@_aol.com"