Re: (erielack) Re: Lackawanna's S&U division

Bill

"Bill K." wrote:

> During the EL era everything I've seen has shown 1270-series GP7/9's and
> some RS2/3's up here, with the Geeps in lashups of up to 4.   I know on the
> Syracuse side passenger trains got a single E, and way back an FM switcher
> had an accident on the elevated section - ran away and almost crashed
> through the side barrier to land on the cars parked below.

That was HH-660 411 that had the accident in Syracuse. Cars for Solvay
ran away and hit the switcher and a baggage or express car it was
switching at the Syracuse station. As a matter of fact there are several
pictures in the Lackawanna in Central New York from, well you know who
from.

Will