Re: (erielack) Re: Lackawanna's S&U division

During the EL era everything I've seen has shown 1270-series GP7/9's and
some RS2/3's up here, with the Geeps in lashups of up to 4.   I know on the
Syracuse side passenger trains got a single E, and way back an FM switcher
had an accident on the elevated section - ran away and almost crashed
through the side barrier to land on the cars parked below.

	The Utica side's another story, with the road trains it picked up I think
just about anything could show up.   one of the EL In Color books shows
both C424's and U25B's used on locals on that side.  Might be worth looking
at the CNY Chapter's book on the DL&W - a lot of what I'm thinking of came
out of that.

Bill Kisselstein

- ----------
> From: Phoebe Westbound <"pipesnlinen_@_mkl.com">
> To: EL Chat Group <"erielack_@_internexus.net">
> Subject: (erielack) Re: Lackawanna's S&U division
> Date: Sunday, May 23, 1999 11:25 PM

Listers,
I am in the process of collecting data on my local Lackawanna branch/es,
the S&U. According to Taber the largest steam that was allowed on the Utica
was the 2100's. I have most of what I need as far as steam era operations
are concerned, but I am aware that the branch was operated up into Conrail.
Does anyone have any info on what type of Lackawanna diesels and later, EL
motive power was used on that particular division??? Thanks in advance for
any assistance that that you can provide.
Matt Forsyth