(erielack) The things you find, the places you find them...

In addition to being an EL fan (not too obvious, eh? ;) , I'm also a big
diesel historian, and as such, read all forms of diesel material.
I was finishing up the book "The Santa Fe Diesel, Vol. 2", and the last page
has a writeup on ATSF slugs. What caught my eye was this listing:

ATSF 1108 (second number) - rebuilt 9/83 from CR 5929 (ex-EL 1409, nee-DL&W
970)

!!!!

So a former DL&W passenger Geep survives (well, at least its underframe!)
somewhere on the vast BNSF system today... Never expected to find that one!