(erielack) erie rr station, jamestown ny

Dear List Members:

I am involved in the restoration project currently under way for the Erie RR
Station in Jamestown, New York. The station is located on 2nd street, at the
foot of Lafeyette St.
We are in the preliminary stages of documenting the existing conditions. To
help restore the original state of the building, we are looking for: old
photographs, news clippings, post cards, first hand descriptions, anything
at all about the building. Pictures of the old bridge and stair to the
platform,(all demolished & carted off)are needed for the possible
replacement of the bridge and stair at a later phase of renovation.
Any picture, photo, news clipping,-even a picture of a different building
with the station in the background would be helpfull. The original colors of
the sandstone front area anybodys guess, due to weather, acid rain, and
other pollution. The entire facade is discolored and stained.
In return for help, I am going to try to keep the list members up to date
with the progress of the project.
If you have any thing you want to e-mail me, please contact me off list at
"brittonjs_@_hotmail.com", otherwise, open list discussions are more than
welcome.

Thank you for your time and help,
Jeremy Britton