RE: (erielack) Southern Tier Train Schedules?

Chuck:

Thanks for your reply to my question regarding Southern Tier schedules.

I actually saw a couple of trains on the Southern Tire line this past
weekend.  On Friday I photographed the CR MOW train stopped on the
Lackawanna main near the Jarvis St. overpass while antique shopping with my
wife.

On Saturday I went back and a Westbound was stopped on the other Lackawanna
track waiting for a St.L&H to go ahead.  On my scanner I heard that a
movement to Goudy station will be occurring later in the day.  After lunch
(at my mom's in Endwell) I was driving back to Binghamton and spotted an
Eastbound from the rt. 17 bridge in Westover.  I hurried to catch it, and as
luck would have it it caught a red signal in Binghamton right behind my
Dad's former photo studio on Clinton St.  I parked there and got several
shots then again luckily the Goudy Station job approached from the West on
the old Lackawanna main.  I followed it through Johnson City by the hospital
and over to the power plant.  It was taking empties (I think) to the plant.
I was glad to be able to get photos of train movements on the Lackawana
trackage!

All in all a very fruitfull and LUCKY rail fanning day (especially for
someone like me who only has time to railfan occasionally).

Gary Machlica
Neshanic Station, N.J.

PS I even bought an old DL&W oil can at an antique store on Clinton St.