Re: (erielack) Tower designations?

At one time there was an SJ on the S&U, in Syracuse at the crossing of the
Water Level Route - but that was an NYC tower and I'm not sure what or if
there was a DL&W call symbol for it -

Incedentally it stood for Syracuse Junction.   Some of the other towers on
the NYC had the same 'your guess is as good as mine what it means'
designations, though.

Bill Kisselstein