Re: (erielack) Re: Pocono service

>  Unfortunely I have not seen or heard
>of any plans to provide reverse or cross county commuting, i.e. anyone
>not traveling to Newark or New York.

On the Morris & Essex Lines, local travel (riders not destined to Newark,
Hoboken, NY) accounts for 14% of the trips made, over 2,600 people riding in
each direction.  Reverse peak riders are about 12% of the day's total, more
than 2,000 riders.  These are not insignificant numbers of riders.

If you include the NJT bus network, more than 50% of NJT trips AREN'T to NY, NY
via Hoboken, NY via Newark, or Philly, but rather to New Jersey destinations.
Pundits incorrectly brand NJT as "serving New York City only", but the stats
argue otherwise!

AJT