Re: (erielack) Scranton - NJ study

In a message dated 05/13/1999 6:46:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"MPTECEO_@_aol.com" writes:

<< "erielack_@_internexus.net" >>
That harvard study is totally bogus and was done by someone with no knowledge
of the terrain or on site experience in the Poconos. LS Transit systems (the
professional engineering consulting firm that is doing the Lackawanna study)
estimated that the resoration of rail service is $160 million, about 100% off
from the Harvard study numbers. Secondly, the grades on "7 mile hill" on I-80
are so severe no rail line could follow that route, unless they use a gog
rail system similar to Switzerland. That's not exactly high speed either. In
fact, I am writing a letter to the Dean opf the Graduate school of design to
find out what PE (professional engineer) at their scholl came up with such a
flawed and incaccurate plan. I hope nobody has taken them seriously.

Seth Taylor
EE