Re: Way More Re: (erielack) Cut-off service

In a message dated 99-05-12 10:09:03 EDT, "stevekay_@_mtlakes.csnet.net" writes:

<< These sound like Amtrak trains and not germane to this discussion.

 > One good thing about the DL&W service is at least now alternate Buffalo-NYP
 > service would probably go via Scranton. I never understood anyone who
wanted to
 > put passenger trains back on the Erie west of PJ.

 Nobody does that I know of but Buffalo/NYP is Amtrak and not NJT. Its a whole
 different topic. >>

Steve,

In my eyes, the whole transit picture in NEPA realting to the NYC
metropolitan area is germane to our thread. Perhaps, since I am looking at
the big picture, that's why I called the lack of NYP service from Scranton
myopic in the first place.

As for changing trains, I respect your role on the railroad, but if your seat
is in the locomotive and you aren't doing the train-to-train commuter shuffle
every night, you really can't judge what it is like.

I ahve all the respect in the world for the guys who pull the throttles and
tamp the ROW, but when it comes to planning and customer service, your upper
ups just don't get it.

Rob Davis