Re: (erielack) Cut-off service

In a message dated 5/12/99 8:55:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "machlica_@_att.com"
writes:

<< Also, IMHO, If you are going to buy Genesis type engines (in whatever
 configuration) put them on the Raritan Valley Line and run them into NYP.
 Those poor people have been getting the shaft since the Aldene Connection
was put
 in back in 1968 (?). >>

	Actually, if my memory serves me right, the Aldene Connection was put
into service on April 30, 1967.

	More important, though, commuters on the Raritan Valley Line never
had direct rail service to New York.  Prior to 1967, they had to ride to
Jersey City and transfer to ferryboats.  So the Aldene Connection certainly
did not make it any worse for these commuters.

	Daniel Chazin