Re: (erielack) Pullman Standard Commuter Coaches

The "blunt" Arrows were originally intended for conversion when the
re-electrification of the DL&W. The P-S push-pulls were of a "standard"
design that could be ordered as straight coach, control car, or electric
. Bombardier later dummied up a diesel MU using the same basic design.
While conversions of these cars are theoretically possible, they were not
built with that intent.

MEA
PRINCETON TERMINAL RAILWAY         Telephone  609-683-0356
Management Services                                   Telecopier
609-683-0192
Michael E. Allen
 "meallen_@_juno.com"
W.R Allen Associates
"wrallenassoc_@_earthlink.net"

On Mon, 10 May 1999 22:05:35 -0400 "Schuyler G. Larrabee"
<"SGL2_@_IX.NETCOM.COM"> writes:
> Paul R Tupaczewski wrote:
>
>> Hmmm... interesting. It just struck me as a little odd that these
>cars
>would
>> be made into MU's. Most MU's, I thought, should have an operator's
>cab on
>> one end, and this just isn't the case with these cars. Obviously it
>could
>be
>> done; it would just be a bit inconvenient.
>
>Maybe the intent was just to be able to electrify the trains, using
>push-pull cabs?  This way you have distributed power pickup for the
>motors
>of one or two cars, kinda like the DL&W mu's were, but only useable
>with a
>cab-car setup at one or each end of a train's worth of cars.
>
>SGL

>Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]