Re: (erielack) Modeling preference, line, era, location, operations......

In a message dated 99-05-11 13:20:23 EDT, "Gary_Merrifield_@_NOTES.UP.COM" writes:

<<A little different topic, half survey, half food for thought.......
How many on the list have, are planning or building a model railroad ????

Drawing track plans for my layout and am active on a large club layout
(CNJ/LV/DL&W prototype on that)

>> If yes to the above, what road are you modeling or basing a freelance on
 ???

Taking a page fromt he NEB&W book I am planning a freelance road that goes
through real towns. I am an antracite and milk road buff, though my modeling
is mostly the millk roads... O&W, B&M and Rutland.

 >>If staying fairly strict to prototype.....

>> What era, equipment, and actual rail line are you modelling or planning to
 model ???

Era: late steam and mid-70's
Lines to have scenes included: Rutland south of Dorset, Rutland west of
Burlington (steam era), B&M/CP Passumpsic, O&W Scranton Division (steam era)

>> Most importantly, what reasons, WHY did you choose the line, era, region
 you did...... >>

Scenery, rich history and a personal connection.

Rob</PRE></HTML>