(erielack) painting an EMD 1200

hey folks, here's the deal:

I've got 3 sw 1200's that need paint. I mentioned to the boss that I wanted to paint them in Erie
colors, (maybe a fictional number or a mock sw7). He said the only reason I couldn't would be due to
legal implications.

Let alone the fact that somehow I would have to get around the problem of our own reporting marks,
how can I do this without the FRA handing down some serious fines?

And yes, I will be using the "good stuff" - for those who don't know, locomotive paint runs around
$100 a gallon.

Thanks,    Steve R Miller

p.s.   the boss can see for himself that they really do need a new paint job, but he just HAD to
know, "why Erie?". Told him it's because he refuses to pay the $$$ to have them overhauled and the
yellow on black would hide the oil ( stacks throwing oil, needs cyl. rings ). Right now, they're
"Rustoleum Blue" with oil polka dots. And no, I do not have a load box, so the oil just gums up and
accumulates until it catches fire in the stacks.