RE: (erielack) Deposit, NY

Speaking of rail / trackwork, does anyone know if Norfolk Southern is
performing a great deal of this on their acquired Conrail properties?  I
have noticed a lot of MOW trackwork activity in this regard on the S. Tier
and on the ex PRR Buffalo line.  Is this specific work on these lines, or is
NS doing this quite widespread?

Also, is this part of an overall upgrade / improvement of trackage initiated
by NS, or is it something that would have occurred if CR would have
continued to be independent and deferred until the appropriate buyer was
determined to incur the costs?

Regards,

Chris Thurner