RE: (erielack) Re: Stewart Erie FT

> Let's not pick on Steve too much, I suspect he is working his
> rear end off
> down there with F-unit reissues and Alco Centuries coming along.  As I
> understand it the color used has some sort of photographic evidence to
> support it...  still it's a flub-up because it's an oddball color.
> sometimes stuff happens when you have a lot of things going
> on - at least
> you have the model to paint yourself (or just weather and
> slap EL diamonds
> on) in a lot higher quality than the old AHM version. It's
> not the end of
> the world :o)

I like Steve. He's actually a really nice guy if you meet him. I can't say,
however, that I'm not a little disappointed. Steve is usually very good
about prototypical detail on his models. What surprised and disappointed me
is that he *knows* exactly where all the Erie experts are that could have
helped him. I'm not even sure that he's the one that does the artwork/paint,
or if he has someone else who does this.

> Anyone notice the marker lights on
> these?  out of the box
> they show red when you run the engine in reverse, wouldnt be
> surprised if
> you can control them through DCC to show red green or
> amber/white.

Yeah, and they also run green running forward. Is that prototypical? You
can't directly plug in a DCC decoder to control the lights on this (though
you could probably do a bit of hacking on the circuit board to get that to
work)...

> That's
> one of the more nifty features on the newest Stewart locos,
> and this on a
> made in the USA engine no less.

Agreed, but it's more of a novelty than anything. The C628's are a good
example: I rarely have seen railroads run Alcos with their class lights on
for any reason. Fortunately, the C628 model allows you to shut these off, a
smart move!