Getting it right...Re: (erielack) Re: Stewart Erie FT

In a message dated 99-05-02 22:34:14 EDT, "pontiac_@_dreamscape.com" writes:

<< I suspect he is working his rear end off
 down there with F-unit reissues and Alco Centuries coming along.  As I
 understand it the color used has some sort of photographic evidence to
 support it...  still it's a flub-up because it's an oddball color.   >>

Bill,

I don't care how busy a manufacturer is. If you bought a new Explorer and
orderded teal but got hunter green instead, would you be OK with it if the
dealer said, "Sorry, Ford is really busy."

This does not bode well for the red Lehgih Valley C-628's.

Research is a key component of model building, and it is probably where the
most errors occur. Take these HO examples of slips from not really knowing
the prototype:

1. KATO CP Rail GP-35's wear a scheme applied only to a hadful of untis in
the mid-70's that barely lasyed, rather then the standard multimark.
2. KATO Dash-9 shell matches one specific early CNW unit only!
3. Proto 2000 BL-2 rides on trucks only ever worn by one BL-2, the WM unit at
the B&O Museum... which is the one they measured!
4. Proto 200 E-& nose is way off below the cab windows

I am sure we can all add to the list The best way to get the message to  the
manufacturer is let them know the complaint and then don't buy the product
until the issue is resolved.

I don't care if the company is owned by a nice guy. A $100 locomotive needs
to earn my money with quality, not a handshake.

Just my two cents on a real long thread...

Rob