(erielack) CX99 vs X51

I was in an e-mail discussion with Paul Tupaczewski about this wreck
back in the 70's.  I was told by a friend of mine that the NJDOT
equipment was not supposed to be operating in New York State at the
time of the wreck.  If you recall the Stillwells ran throughout much
of the 70's because New York state couldn't figure out how to fund
the commuter service.  My friend got the information from Joe Sipple
who was RFE for EL.  He said that EL had to pay for all the damaged
NJ state-owned equipment.  Both my friend and Joe Sipple have passed
away.  Both Paul and I wonder if the story is true.  That EL got
caught running NJDOT equipment in New York without permission.
Somebody, who worked the Erie side might know the answer.