(erielack) The EL'ed GP-35

  Speaking of interim paint schemes, Who remembers poor Erie Lackawanna
GP-35 2571 that received a C-R paint out of the diamond and removal of
the road name from the hood stripe. But they forgot to renumber it!
  Then someone painted out the diamond's with yellow paint and using
pEenn centraL stencils, And placed a maroon E-L stencil on the front &
rear of the unit, Talk about running around with a black eye!
  First time I spotted the engine was Nov.6,1976 on NY-72 in NJ. It
operated dressed in this "EL" paint for a few months.
  I think any terminal could perform the CR dip, And there were some
pretty poor paint out's blotting out those Flags & Diamonds!

Todd (ELHS#1318)