(erielack) EL milk trains in the 1970s

   Hi all
  Has anyone ever noticed pictures of EL units with a gallon milk jug on the
short hood?  Check out page 41 of EL in color volume 3 for A picture of NY 100
at Cresco PA. to see what I mean.  Also in the same book on page 67 the CNJ
unit at Lake JCT. has one too. There is also A picture of the same NY100 at
Slateford PA. in the book Conrail volume 1 on page 32. I have also seen picts.
of the Bicentennial units with them too.  Does anyone know who did this and
why?
 Maby this was 1) the last  of the EL milk traffic? 2) An EMD option? 3) A
good place to keep Votka and OJ cold on those long runs?  Does anybody make
these in HO scale?

                                                             HA HA
                                                            MIKEDC3